Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, Refined, 15 Ounce
- Has a higher smoke point than virgin coconut oil, meaning you can cook at hotter temperatures
- Neutral scent and flavor, versus virgin coconut oil which smells and tastes distinctly like coconut
- Contains 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid
- Made through a steam refining process, absolutely no chemicals used
- USDA Organic and Non GMO Project Verified
Details: Coconut is one of the world's most nourishing superfoods. This excellent all-purpose oil is great for sautéing, baking, and body care. Unlike other companies that use chemicals, Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil is made though a steam refining process. Absolutely no chemicals are used! The benefit of refined coconut oil is that it has a higher smoke point than virgin coconut oil. You can cook with it at up to 400°F (versus 350°F for virgin coconut oil). It also has a neutral scent and flavor (versus virgin coconut oil which has a distinct coconut smell and flavor). This makes it ideal for recipes where a coconut flavor is not desired. Refined Coconut Oil and Virgin Coconut Oil have 63% Medium Chain Triglycerides and 50% Lauric Acid.