DigestZen TerraZyme® Digestive Enzyme Complex is a proprietary blend of active whole-food enzymes and supporting cofactors that are often deficient in cooked, processed, and preservative-laden foods. The powerful combination of digestive enzymes found in DigestZen TerraZyme supports the body’s constant production of enzymes critical for healthy biochemical functions, including healthy digestion of food nutrients and cellular metabolism of nutrients to energy.* DigestZen TerraZyme includes a variety of whole-food enzymes that help with the digestion of proteins, fats, complex carbohydrates, sugars, and fiber.
This product is available at a 25% discount when you set up a Wholesale or Wellness Advocate account. Learn more about this option HERE or click the button below to sign up:
90 Veggie Capsules
Enzymes are specialized proteins that function as catalysts in almost all cellular functions and chemical reactions throughout the body. Enzymes play a critical role in growth, healing, and reproduction. They are also necessary for breathing, thinking, immune function, hormone regulation, detoxification, and thousands of other biochemical functions. Enzymes are also necessary for digesting food nutrients and converting nutrients to energy in cells.*
Enzymes can originate inside and outside the body. Endogenous enzymes are produced in the body and can be classified as metabolic enzymes and digestive enzymes. Metabolic enzymes are active in blood, tissues, and organs. Digestive enzymes are excreted by the liver and pancreas and help the body convert food to usable nutrients. Exogenous enzymes are enzymes originating outside the body and are classified as food enzymes. Food enzymes are found in raw, unprocessed foods and help break down nutrients during digestion.*
The body’s ability to constantly produce metabolic and digestive enzymes is limited by raw material availability and production capacity. If our diets do not include sufficient food enzymes to break down the food we eat, our body’s endogenous enzyme resources must be directed toward the production of digestive enzymes to speed conversion of food to bioavailable nutrients. Production capacity directed toward the production of digestive enzymes is capacity not available for the production of important metabolic enzymes.
The body’s constant need to produce digestive enzymes can result in decreased levels of metabolic enzymes that are critical for optimal health and cell function. One example of an important metabolic enzyme is superoxide dismutase (SOD), which protects cells from free-radical molecules. Metabolic enzymes are also necessary for energy production, tissue growth and repair, and managing toxic waste products. When we eat foods that are rich in food enzymes, our bodies can use fewer resources to produce digestive enzymes and have more capacity to create optimal levels of metabolic enzymes.*
Directions for Use
Take one to three vegetable capsules with meals throughout the day. If your meal includes lots of fresh, raw foods, take one capsule. If your meal includes highly processed, cooked foods or food products known to cause specific GI discomfort, take two to three capsules with meal.
- Supports healthy digestion and metabolism of enzyme-deficient, processed foods*
- Supports conversion of food nutrients to cellular energy*
- Promotes gastrointestinal comfort and food tolerance*
- Supports healthy production of metabolic enzymes*
- Proprietary blend of 10 active whole-food enzymes
- Contains the doTERRA tummy tamer blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway Seed
- Sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules
- Safe and effective
- Protease - Breaks down protein topeptides and amino acids*
- Papain - Breaks down protein*
- Amylase - Breaks down carbohydrates, starches, and sugars*
- Lipase - Breaks down fats and oils to be absorbed in the intestine*
- Lactase - Breaks down lactose found in milk sugars*
- Alpha Galactosidase - Breaks down complexpolysaccharide sugars found in legumes and cruciferous vegetables that can cause bloating and gas*
- Cellulase - Breaks down fiber to helpdigest fruits and vegetables*
- Sucrase - Breaks down sucrose tofructose and glucose for energy*
- Anti-Gluten Enzyme Blend - Assists in breaking down gluten*
- Glucoamylase - Breaks down starch*
Some people may experience an initial change to digestive schedule and function when they begin using enzyme supplements. For most people, these symptoms are mild and should disappear after a few days. Pregnant or nursing women and people with known medical conditions should consult a physician before using. Does not contain milk products or ingredients made from animal products.