Maybe it's exercising just a little too hard, maybe it's sitting at your desk all day long, or it could just be that something random isn't feeling quite right. If you experience occasional discomfort or tension and are looking for natural solutions, doTERRA has many essential oils and other options that work great!
Some of our favorites are:
Lavender- this oil has been well researched for its relaxing properties and effects on sleep.
Wintergreen- has a warming and soothing effect when used on the skin. Dilute with a carrier oil before applying. Great as part of massage.
Rosemary- helps reduce nervous tension and occasional fatigue.
Marjoram- a great soothing oil to use before and after exercising.
Lemongrass- this is a great oil to use for a massage after. tough workout. Dilute with a carrier oil before applying to the skin.
Siberian Fir- provides a soothing effect when used topically.
AromaTouch Blend- helps to lesson tension. Great as part of a massage.
Deep Blue Blend- great blend for soothing joints and muscles. Perfect for after a long day or intense workout.
Past Tense Blend- this blend eases discomfort and tension in the head, neck, and shoulders.
Clary Calm- this is a blend created help soothe discomfort during a woman's menstural cycle.
In addition to these oils, the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality pack can help set a good foundation for a life with less discomfort and tension. In particular Alpha CRS+ helps boost healthy cell function and the omegas in vEO Mega support healthy joint function.
Deep Blue Complex has polyphenol extracts of frankincense, turmeric, green tea, ginger, pomegranate, and grape seed, and was created to provide soothing support to aching muscles and other occasional discomfort. This supplement has been a HUGE benefit to our family.
Deep Blue Rub is another product based off the essential oil blend. This time it comes in a lotion form which is great for quick application on the go or after a workout.
Simple Tips for Soothing Discomfort:
- After a hard workout, apply AromaTouch blend.
- For stubborn discomfort, apply Deep Blue blend topically then layer it with Deep Blue rub.
- Lemongrass and wintergreen are great as part of massage. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying to the skin.
- Clary calm rolled over the lower abdomen and around the ankles help soothe menstrual discomfort.
- PastTense massaged into the shoulders, back of neck, and temples helps with head tension.
- Make your own soothing roller bottle blend using the oils above based on what support your body needs.