I found dōTERRA at a time in my life when things felt really out of control. I had a lot of small children and keeping us all healthy seemed like such a complicated thing. I was exhausted of what it took to feel good and I really just wanted everyone to be healthy and happy so we could live our lives. You can read more about my story HERE.
What I've learned over the years, is that Healthy CAN be SIMPLE. There are small things I can do every day that lead to positive change.
The Butterfly Effect
Have you heard of the butterfly effect? It's a theory in physics that the smallest movement of a butterfly's wings can set into motion something powerful on the other side of the world.
There is a Japanese principle similar to this called Kaizen. It means "continuous improvement." It is the idea that making very small changes in the way you do things daily can really add up. Little by little, outcomes can be enormous.
The idea is that instead of making radical changes, start with something so simple that it is easy to do and continue to do. Something that inspires you to take action.
For my family, joining dōTERRA, and beginning to use essential oils daily was just such a small and simple thing. It was the catalyst to many BIG & positive changes in our physical, emotional, and even financial wellbeing.
How did we do it?
- I bought a starter kit that included many common oils and a diffuser. I also purchased a reference book.
- I opened all the oils when I got them. I smelled them and looked each one up in my book. I read a little about them so I'd be familiar with their uses.
- I started to use them daily. Just small ways throughout the home, focusing our health goals and always in my diffuser.
- When someone needed extra support, I turned to my book first and followed what oils and products it said to try. That's it!
I remember the first time I tried something. My son was out mowing the lawn. He came inside needing respiratory support. I looked it up in the book and read that I could try a mix of Lemon, Lavender, & Peppermint. I put a drop of each into a glass with a small amount of water and following the instructions I read, I had him swish it around his mouth then swallow.
There was a little left in the glass and we poured it onto a paper towel and had him cover his mouth and nose and breathe it in for a while. I remember feeling SO amazed that he found easier breathing so quickly. It had worked!
From then on, the box of oils, and the book of instructions became my go-to. I found a new method of approaching my family's healthcare that was effective, safe, quick, simple, and more budget friendly than what we had been doing.
Something as simple as buying a set of oils, opening a book, and trying what it said completely changed our lives. We are living proof that this dōTERRA fueled kaizen philosophy works.
Just to give you an idea of the amount of changes possible over time with such a simple start- both my husband and I have released large amounts of weight, we cleaned up our diets, have more energy, have healthier hair, skin, & nails, more balanced moods & emotions, we've become a lot more active and have a lot more fun. Our kids are happier & healthier and we have solutions for when unexpected things come up. In fact, we have only had well-child checkups since we started using oils. Talk about empowering simple wellness!
Healthy really can be simple!
What about you?
Are you ready to have a more simple approach to your healthcare? Let's start with a short little self check-in.
- Where are you at right now with your health & wellness? What are your concerns, struggles, and challenges? What do you wish felt a little easier? Think about things like nutrition, exercise, sleep, moods & emotions, energy levels, ideal weight, etc. What body systems do you want to support? Write down what you come up with.
- Did anything stand out to you? Now narrow it down and pick just one thing to work on first, what do you think it should be?
- With that one thing, what is something super simple you could try? Look through the ideas on my discover simple solutions pages (see links below) and pick something to add into your life.
Now that you have where you are, you need the tools to get where you want to be. That's where dōTERRA comes in. Pick the biggest starter kit that fits into your budget. Either make sure your kit comes with the product you want to try, or add it to your starter kit during checkout. Easy!
I'd suggest getting a reference book or two along with your oils. I provide them as a welcome gift with certain kits, but I can point you to my favorites with any kit.
Once you get your set of oils at home and your book by your side, begin to use oils in some way daily. We have a private group you can join for suggestions and ideas and a community of other people taking back control. It's great! I'd love to add you when you get your kit.
Discover Simple Solutions