Breathing is one of those things we often take for granted until we lose some of the normal functionality. If you or your loved ones have ever gone through something that limits this core body function, you know how just how important it is to be able to take a calm, slow, big breath.
Breathing can be limited or impaired by many things including pollutants in the air, changes in seasonal plants, stress, fear, smoking, lack of exercise, and other things. Research suggests that certain essential oils can help support respiratory health as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Some of our favorites are:
Breathe Blend- this is a great blend formulated for feelings of clear airways and easy breathing while minimizing the effects of seasonal threats.
Peppermint- promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally.
Cardamom- has profound effects on the respiratory system and promotes clear breathing and respiratory health.
Eucalyptus- this is an ideal oil for clear breathing due to air cleansing and purifying properties.
Lemon- cleansing and purifying, lemon is great for supporting healthy respiratory function.
Purify Blend- this is a great blend to help eliminate odors, purify the air, and protect against environmental threats. A great support for clear breathing.
Douglas Fir- this is one of my favorite essential oils. The aroma is so great! It promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
In addition to these oils, the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality pack can be a great foundation for respiratory wellness.
TriEase soft gels are a simple way to harness the power of lemon, lavender, and peppermint for seasonal threats.
Simple Tips for Clear Breathing:
- Diffuse Breathe blend at night when seasonal threats are high.
- Try a drop of Douglas fir and Eucalyptus in carrier oil or lotion on your chest for feelings of clear airways.
- Take a drop of Cardamom essential oil in water or juice to assist with respiratory discomfort.
- Use the Breathe vapor stick on your chest to soothe airways. Great before a workout!
- Keep Breathe drops with you for support on the go.
- Try a "steam cup" with essential oils to support airways.
- TriEase soft gels are a easy way to support through changing seasons.
- Add a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to a loofah or sea sponge and put in your warm steam shower. You can also make a bath bomb with the oil in any mold shape and take it in the shower to release the aroma.
For children- nasal inhalers with Breathe essential oil are a great way for kids to keep this great blend with them on the go. Just add a few drops to the wick.
Essential Oil Steam Cup