When you first get started, the compensation plan can seem confusing and overwhelming. Don't let that scare you or stop you from doing your business building activities. It is something that you will get more understanding of as you begin to build and learn the language and culture of the company.
doTERRA has a UNILEVEL compensation structure with several bonuses available to its Wellness Advocates who place at least a 100 PV Loyalty Rewards Order each month.
Let's recap the 5 ways to earn money as a Wellness Advocate:
- Retail Sales. As a Wellness Advocate, you receive 25% discount off the retail price of doTERRA products. You can sell these items at retail price and pocket the difference. This is fine for individuals or retail outlets who want to sell a few oils here and there, but it's not the best way to build your income.
A better way is to help those interested in purchasing oils, set up their own account. doTERRA makes if very simple to meet the needs of every customer. Explain to your potential customers they have the option of opening a wholesale account similar to Costco and receiving the 25% discount. Often, if you add up all the retail items they are interested in, it will be cheaper to get the account to begin with.
- Fast Start Bonus- For every person that enrolls with a Wholesale Membership or Wellness Advocate account through you (using your member number as their enroller/referrer), you will receive 20% from their orders for the first 60 days. You must have 100 PV in your Loyalty Rewards Template at all times to qualify for this bonus.
It goes 3 levels deep. Level 1 (you) earns 20% on personal enrollments. Level 2 (your personally enrolled wellness advocate) earns 10% on enrollments and level 3 (the person your wellness advocate enrolls) will earns you 5%.
- Power of 3 Bonus- This is an additional reward for helping each of your leaders grow in monthly team volume to 600 PV (between their personal monthly Loyalty Rewards orders and at least three of their top line leaders- all doing consistent Loyalty Rewards Orders). First level you will earn 50$, second level you will earn 250$, and third level you will earn $1500.
- Unilevel Commission is the fourth way to earn money from doTERRA and will eventually make up the bulk of your paycheck. As you advance in your business, your customer base will grow as will your own leaders and their customers and leaders. You get paid on all of these referrals and sales. (Why we LOVE this residual income model). You can see from the attached graphic below that you get paid a smaller amount on your smaller levels and a larger amount on your larger levels. Up to 7% on your 7th level. This is AWESOME! Most network marketing companies switch this around, but it means that doTERRA pays you the most money on the most sales.
- Leadership Bonuses are the fifth way to earn compensation is through doTERRA. When you qualify for different ranks (which are based on sales volume AND how you structure the customers and business builders who are under you) you earn additional money.
-Empowerment Bonus: A Wellness Advocate that qualifies as Premier or Silver AND enrolls one new Wellness Advocate or Wholesale Customer with 100 PV or more a month, will receive one share of the Empowerment Bonus Pool. Shares don't accumulate from rank to rank. The share's monthly bonus is equal to the designated pools percentage (1%) multiplied by the entire company's volume for the same month, then divided by the number of Wellness Advocates who qualified to receive a portion of the bonus money. Right now, this bonus is about $150-$200 a month.
-Silver, Gold, Platinum Bonus: Each Silver receives ONE share in the Leadership Performance Pool. Golds receive FIVE shares, Platinums receive TEN shares. Wellness Advocates can earn an additional share for the month if they are the enroller of someone advancing to Elite rank for the first time. Share's don't accumulate from rank to rank. This month bonus is equal to the designated pools percentage (2%) multiplied by the company volume, and divided by all the Wellness Advocates who qualify that month.
-Diamond + Bonus: Each Diamond receives ONE share in the Diamond Performance Pool. Each Blue Diamond receives TWO shares, and each Presidential receives THREE shares. A Wellness Advocate can earn an extra share for the month if they are the enroller of someone advancing to Premier rank for the first time. Share's don't accumulate from rank to rank. This bonus is equal to the designated pools percentage (1%), multiplied by the company volume for the month, and divided by the number of Wellness Advocates who qualify that month.
This video from Jessie Reimers explains how dynamic compression works in your favor for your Unilevel Commission. This is awesome!
Average Incomes from different ranks. This depends on your team structure and overall team volume. Your numbers might be MORE or LESS than the ones you see here.
Emily Wright, doTERRA executive and founder, explaining why they chose this type of comp plan.