THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
This body DIY butter has so many great ingredients in it! Your skin will feel soft, silky, and smooth. The combo of Lavender and Lemon essential oils can help you feel energized while it helps control negative emotions. Give it a try when you are heading out to work or tackling a big task.
Whipped Body Butter
(IMAGE AND RECIPE FROM DŌTERRA)
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Add butters and coconut oils to a glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with 1 - 1 ½ inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. Usually about 10–15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Add essential oils.
- Place in refrigerator until chilled and set.
- Use an electric mixer to beat until light and fluffy. (Around 3–5 minutes). Store body butter in glass jar and keep in a cool place.
Find more essential oil DIY body care recipes HERE.