THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Nothing will permeate your home with holiday spirit like a simmering pot of wassail on your stove. I love setting the mood on Christmas morning with sound and scent. Combining the aroma of wassail with your favorite holiday music playing sofly in the background sets the stage perfectly for opening presents and other family traditions.
Use essential oils in your wassail to add the pure essence of citrus and spice.
Wassail with Essential Oils
(Recipe adapted from doTERRA.)
- 1 quart cranberry juice
- ½ quart apple juice
- ½ quart orange juice
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 1 drop Clove Essential Oil
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly cliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except cinnamon sticks and fresh cranberries in a stockpot over medium high heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for at least an hour, letting flavors mingle.
- Taste and add more essential oils if desired.
- Serve hot garnished with cranberries and cinnamon sticks.
- Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- If halving the recipe, use a toothpick to swirl Clove into the recipe. Add more to taste if desired.
- Wassail can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To purchase essential oils for this recipe, click the button below.