THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
With names like quercetin, galangin, and catechin, flavonoids can seem a little intimidating. But they are worth knowing! Besides imparting gorgeous colors to many fruits and vegetables, science is showing that flavonoids have a lot of nutritional value. Studies have found that diets rich in flavonoids may correlate with increased lifespan and decreased risk of death from cardiovascular disease and may significantly reduce the risk of diabetes and several forms of cancer*.
This green smoothie recipe is an excellent source of flavonoids and perfect for a hot summer day!
Blueberry Green Smoothie
(Photo and recipe by doTERRA.)
- 1 frozen and chopped banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 6 ounces fresh spinach/silverbeet/kale
- 1–2 celery stalks
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil (optional)
- 4–6 drops Lemon Essential Oil (or to taste)
- Combine frozen banana and blueberries in blender.
- Add greens and process again.
- Add the coconut water and oils; process again until smooth.