THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Your skin is the largest organ in your body and does a lot to take care of you. It helps protect you from disease and dehydration. It regulates temperature and absorbs critical vitamin D. It is definitely worth dedicating a few minutes a day to nourishing this vital organ.
Beyond the physical benefits, making skincare a routine part of your day can become a grounding ritual. Think of it as a way to pamper yourself and you will look forward to starting and ending your day with a bit of self-care.
Make sure to include these three basic steps in your skincare routine - Cleanse, Moisturize, Protect.
You should clean your face twice a day. Use a gentle cleanser avoiding those that contain alcohol and strong fragrances. Once or twice a week, exfoliate as part of cleansing to remove built up dead skin cells. If you choose to use a toner, make sure to use a gentle toner that will not be too harsh on your skin. They can be especially helpful if you have tend to have oily skin. Apply the toner after washing your face to soothe, calm, and replenish nutrients.
- Use a cleanser designed specifically for your face. Do not use whatever bar or body wash you happen to have in the shower.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Hot water will remove natural oils from your skin and can lead to dehydration.
Moisturizing is a critical step in your skincare routine and is important for all skin types. Applying moisturizer morning and night helps to preserve the elasticity of your skin and enables it to better protect you from environmental factors.
- Apply moisturizer to your skin while it is slightly damp to better penetrate the skin and seal in the moisture.
- If you are prone to blemishes, be sure to use a non-comedogenic moisturizer that won't clog your pores.
There is nothing more important in your skincare routine than protecting your skin from the sun. Sun protection can reduce the signs of aging and help ward off skin cancer. Use sunscreen every day even if it is cloudy or if you don't plan to be outside much.
- Always use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher that blocks UVA and UVB rays and uses both physical and chemical blockers.
- It is a good idea to use sunscreen even if your moisturizer or make up has an SPF rating.
doTERRA has several lines of skincare products and many essential oils that can enhance your skincare routine.
Essential Skin Care
The Essential Skin Care line of products is designed to meet all your anti-aging and skincare needs, helping keep your skin feeling and looking young, healthy, and gorgeous by maximizing the natural power of essential oils. This line includes the following products:
- Facial Cleanser
- Invigorating Scrub
- Pore Reducing Toner
- Tightening Serum
- Brightening Gel
- Anti-Aging Eye Cream
- Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- Hydrating Cream
Veráge Skin Care
The Verage Skin Care Collection contains the best natural ingredients of doTERRA essential oils, emollients, and plant extracts that will leave skin feeling nourished and hydrated while encouraging confidence through reduced signs of visible aging. It includes the following products:
HD Clear Facial Care
The HD Clear products are designed specifically to promote a clear complexion, help reduce breakouts, and to keep skin clean, clear, and hydrated.
Reveal Facial System
The Reveal Facial System is a two step process involving a rich blend of essential oils that will have your face feeling clean, rejuvenated, and youthful by the time you’ve finished. It includes the Refining Polish and the Peptide Activator.
Essential Oils for Skincare
- Immortelle Anti-Aging Blend - protects and nourishes skin while helping to reduce contributing factors to the appearance of aging skin. Promotes smoother, more radiant, and youthful-looking skin.
- Melaleuca (Tree Tea) - Known for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Eucalyptus - refreshes and rejuvenates the skin.
- Geranium - promotes the appearance of clear, healthy skin
- Rose Touch Essential Oil - reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and promotes an even skin tone and healthy complexion.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil (Hawaiian or Indian) - promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin and reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Blue Tansy - helps reduce the appearance of blemishes and provides a soothing sensation when applied to the skin.
Click the button below to add to your skincare products.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.