THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
This dish is perfect for spring or summer! I love pasta and I love potatoes so when you combine the two for a delicate potato gnocchi, I am pretty much in heaven. All those amazing veggies make it even better!
Spring Gnocchi with Basil & Lemon Essential Oils
(Recipe and image by doTERRA.)
- 2 (10-ounce) bags potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups of raw spinach
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 drop Basil Essential Oil
- 1 drop Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (omit to make vegan friendly)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until golden brown. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, onion, zucchini, and bell pepper to pan and sauté, stirring, over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach starts to wilt.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, essential oils, and fresh herbs.
- Stir in gnocchi and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
What's on your menu today?