THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Spring cleaning isn't just for your house. Spring is the perfect time to give your vehicle a once over. You might have some dirt and grime that has built up over the winter. You'll want to get that all cleaned out before all the summer dirt and grime settles in on top of it. You know what I'm talking about, right?!?
Here are a few essential oil DIYs that will keep your vehicle looking and smelling it's best.
Combine ingredients in a glass spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Spray on windows and allow to sit for a few minutes then dry with a piece of newspaper or a streak-free microfiber cloth.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Use a sponge to scrub tires. Rinse with clean water.
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Combine ingredients in a glass spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Use a clean cloth to rub a small amount of the mixture onto your dashboard and other plastic or vinyl surfaces. Wipe off excess with another clean cloth.
Carpet/Upholstery Stain Remover
- 1 part White Vinegar
- 2 parts Baking Soda
- 2-6 drops Lavender, Melaleuca, Wild Orange, Lemon, or Purify Cleansing Blend
In a bowl, combine all ingredients to form a paste. Use a toothbrush to work the paste into the stain. Allow the paste to dry and then vacuum to remove paste and stain. Repeat as necessary.
Purify Cleansing Blend, Lemon, Wild Orange, Lime, and Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend are all excellent choices for cleansing and refreshing the air in your vehicle. Try them with any of the following methods:
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a cotton ball and place it inside or near an air vent.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a USB diffuser and plug it into to your vehicle's charging port.
- Make a DIY air freshener, by tracing and cutting out a pattern from a piece of wool felt. Perhaps an oil drop? Punch a hole at the top and use a piece of string or twine to hang it from your rearview mirror. Add several drops of essential oil and replenish as necessary.
- Combine 1/2 cup of distilled water with 20 drops of essential oil in a glass spray bottle. Spray the air in your vehicle as needed.
REFERENCE: Class Ideas: Automobile DIY, doTERRA