THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Spring fever! Even though it's still chilly and rainy some days, spring is definitely in the air. It's not quite warm enough to keep the windows open all the time, but I am so ready to clear out the stale winter air.
If you are anxious to fill your home with spring air, try one of my Spring Clean Diffuser Blends. Typical air fresheners and room scents can contain formaldehyde, benzene, propane, butane, and lots of hormone disrupting, allergy inducing artificial fragrances. If you are detoxing, this is a great place to start looking for natural alternatives. The fewer toxins you take into your body from your home environment, the better!
Ways to Diffuse Essential Oils
Diffusing essential oils is an easy way to access their power. Essential oils are natural compounds that can purify the air, eliminate odors, boost immunity, lift the mood, promote relaxation, and reduce feelings of stress.*
- Tea Light Diffusers usually contain a glass or ceramic dish with a tea light underneath. Water and oil are placed in the dish and the warmth from the tea light helps release the scent into the air. These are not a very effective way to diffuse since heat can change the composition of the oil.
- Electric Warmers are similar to tea light diffuses but use electricity rather than a flame to generate heat. Again, not the most effective way to diffuse oils due to the heat involved.
- Fan Diffusers include a pad onto which essential oils are applied. When turned on, a fan disperses the essential oils into the air. These are generally effective in diffusing essentials oils and do not use heat. Many travel sized diffusers use this method.
- Clay Diffusers hold essential oil and naturally release the scent. You'll find clay diffuser necklaces, ornaments, etc. This is an inexpensive option for small areas or for portable diffusion. There are many other essential oil jewelry options including diffuser lockets and lava bead jewelry.
- Reed Diffusers are placed in a bottle filled with a carrier oil (fractionated coconunt oil, sweet almond oil, or safflower oil, etc) and several drops of essential oil. The reeds absorb and disperse the essential oils. Reed diffusers are perfect for small areas like bathrooms.
- Atomizing Diffusers emit a fine mist of water and essential oil molecules into the air. This is my favorite method because atomizing diffusers preserve the composition of the oil and fill a much larger area.
Spring Clean Diffuser Blends
I love trying out new essential oil combinations in my diffusers. Here are five blends that I can't get enough of right now. These spring blends are great for helping lift that winter funk, boosting your mood, inspiring more action and productivity, and generally cleaning the air.
Fresh & Clean