THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The holidays and the year are winding down. Many of us have lost track of what day it is during this strange and lovely week between Christmas and New Year's. Others are finalizing goals for 2020. Whatever has your mind right now, carve out a few minutes to think about self-care.
While self-care can include a bit of indulgent pampering, it is really just about taking some time and energy to focus on the wellness of your own mind, body, and spirit. It is so easy to let the needs of others and our daily to-do lists to take precedence over our personal needs. I hope all of us can make self-care a priority in 2020. I'm also all about keeping life as simple as possible. To both of those ends, I'm sharing a list of ideas for super simple self-care.
- Spend at least 15 minutes outside every day.
- Eat more plants (veggies, fruit, grains, legumes, nuts, seeds).
- Drink plenty of water every day. Add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil for a flavor boost. Read Essential Oil Enhanced Water for more suggestions.
- Increase your nutrients with daily supplements like doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack.*
- Incorporate more fully plant-based meals into your weekly menu plans.
- Read or listen to a good book.
- Diffuse Lavender or Serenity to increase your sleep quality.*
- Practice aromatic self massage with essential oils.
- Set aside time for a hobby or favorite past time.
- Enjoy a foot soak.
- Boost your immunity with On Gaurd products. On Guard Protective Blend and On Guard Sanitizing Mist are great places to start.*
- Turn every shower or bath into a spa experience. (Get a basic recipe for bath bombs HERE - they also work in the shower - then change up the essential oils for different spa-like experiences.)
- Keep your bedroom tidy to create a calming retreat for yourself. Add a few cozy touches like a soft throw blanket to wrap up yourself in.
- Put away your electronic devices for a while every day and focus on the world directly around you.
- Start a gratitude journal to help yourself remember all the good things in your life.
- Wear essential oil diffuser jewelry for all day aromatherapy.
- Take a walk with a friend.
- Give your skin a little extra attention. Read doTERRA SPA Products: Pampering Self-Care to get started.
- Make a list of your accomplishments - big and small. This can be a great resource when you are feeling down on yourself.
What else would you add to this list? Anything that promotes the wellness of your mind, body, or spirit counts!