THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
I absolutely love getting out in nature to explore, relax, and to just take in all the beauty! I have a couple of guiding principles when I head out on an adventure - Be Prepared & Keep It Simple. Sometimes these can be in conflict with each other because when it comes to camping, hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. there seems to be a gadget for everything. It's really easy to try to prepare yourself for every possible situation and end up having over complicated your outing by bringing along stuff that you really don't need. So we have put together a list of some of our favorite items for fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Nothing too high tech or complicated. Just some basics that will keep you going on your adventures without weighing you down.
- Ello Cole Insulated Stainless Stainless Steel Travel Mug Super cute and functional travel mug. Use it to keep your coffee, tea, or cocoa hot for up to 5 hours and your cold drinks nice and cool for up to 10 hours. I love the built in cork coaster. Genius!
- doTERRA TriEase Softgels Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint, a classic combo, protects against seasonal and environmental elements.* These soft gels promote clear breathing so you can better enjoy your outdoor time.*
- The Friendly Swede Ultralight Packable Daypack A collapsible daypack with wide straps? Yes, please! This bag folds up small which makes it great for packing, but holds up to 25L (6.6 gallons). It also had two side pockets for water bottles, sunscreen, insect repellant, etc.
- doTERRA Deep Blue Rub You are going to want a tube of this with you to soothe and cool areas that need a little relief after a day of fun and adventure.*
- doTERRA TerraShield Outdoor Blend Nothing ruins a day outdoors (and sometimes the days after) like biting insects. TerraShield is a must have to help repel insects. It can be diffused or applied topically.
- ThermoTank Insulated Water Bottle This water bottle keeps your water cool for up to 36 hours if you fill it according to the manufacturer's recommendations. Perfect for overnight camping trips! This link is for the 17oz size but it also come in a larger 25oz size.
- doTERRA Peppermint Beadlets These are great to have around for a couple of reasons. Just pop one in your mouth to freshen your breath and refresh your spirits at the same time. The cooling and invigorating effects can be just what you need when you are staring to feel the effects of your outdoor adventure. They can also ease occasional stomach upset, nausea, and motion sickness and promote digestive health.*
- doTERRA DigestZen Softgels Let's just say that in my opinion you can never have too much on hand to help ward off stomach discomfort while away from home.* Definitely keep some of these in your daypack!
- OutdoorMaster Space Saver Blanket First off, I'll just be clear that this blanket is not about warmth. What it is about is convenience. It is super lightweight and folds up small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. It has a few other great features like weighted corners, loops for stakes, a built-in storage bag, and corner pockets.
- doTERRA Spa Lip Balm - Protect your lips and enjoy the benefits of essential oil aromatherapy all at once. You can purchase a 3 pack that includes one each of the Original, Tropical, and Herbal varieties or purchase them individually.
- Richka Double Camping Hammock This one kind of speaks for itself. Hammocks are perfect after a long day of hiking! It is super easy to set up and versatile too because you can use it for shade or a ground cover too.
- doTERRA Purify Cleansing Blend Another multi-tasker while in the great outdoors. Mix with water in a travel size spray bottle and you've got a natural surface cleaner. Dilute with a carrier oil and apply topically to soothe irritating insect bites.* (This blend contains photosensitive citrus oils so it is important to avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.)
- doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil Lavender is an outdoor powerhouse. Use it to soothe post-sun irritations and insect bites, to promote restful sleep, and to help relieve tension and tension headaches*. Combine with Melaleuca to protect your skin from the effects of wind and other drying conditions.*
- TekUltra Space Saver Camp Chair Always wish you had a camp chair with you when you go backpacking? Me too! It weighs 2.6lb and measures 14.5in X 4in X 5.5in in its case. You can take it almost anywhere.
- doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil Peppermint mixed with water makes a wonderful cooling spray. You will love it! It's also great to help with digestive issues, tension headaches, and seasonal irritations.*
- First Aid Kit It is essential to have a first aid kit with you on your outdoor adventures. Hopefully, you won't need it, but if you do you will be very glad to have it.
Anything you would add to the list? Leave a comment and let us know.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.