THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Spring is in the air. The warmth, the beauty, and the pollen. Yep, lots of pollen. For some it has no impact or is a minor irritant, but for others, it can stop you from enjoying the beauty of the season. Sinus discomfort can be a big problem this time of year and other times when seasonal threats are high.
Here are a few ideas for supporting healthy sinuses naturally.
Lemon, Lavender & Peppermint
The combination of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils are a powerful tool when dealing with seasonal threats.* Lemon cleanses your body's systems, Lavender calms internally and externally, and Peppermint promotes clear breaking and healthy respiratory function.*
- For a super convenient way to get the benefits of this combination, take TriEase Seasonal Blend Softgels before spending time outdoors if you are prone to seasonal discomfort. You can take 1-2 capsules daily as needed. Each capsule contains equal amounts of the three oils.
- Make a roller bottle blend with Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint. Use equal amounts of each oil. In a 10ml roller bottle, use about 10 drops of each. Roll it on the chest, back of the neck, pulse points, or bottom of the feet as needed.
- To combat sinus discomfort at home, diffuse Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint. Add 3-5 drops of each to your diffuser.*
- Add a drop of each oil to an 8oz glass of water. Swish it around your mouth, use it to gargle, or swallow for internal use.
- Create your own capsules by placing two drops each of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint into a veggie cap.
Essential Oil Respiratory Support
All essential oils that promote respiratory health and clear breathing can help with sinus support.* Apply to pulse points, diffuse, or inhale directly from the bottle. Try the following oils and blends. (Read more in Essential Oils & Respiratory Support)
Other self-care options for sinus support include the following:
- Perform a nasal saline rinse using a neti pot.
- Try a steam cup. (Heat water to boiling and pour into cup or small bowl. Add a few drops of an essential oil that supports respiratory health. Lean over the cup and cover your head with a towel. Inhale the steam until the water cools.)
- Apply warm compresses to your face. Essential oils can be added to the compress.
- Try doTERRA Breathe Respiratory Drops or Breathe Vapor Stick.
- Use Acupressure on points associated with the sinuses.
- Elevate your head to sleep.
- Drink lots of water.
Do you deal with sinus discomfort? What has brought you relief?