THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
This delicious and super nutritious salad works well all year round. It is full of yummy veggies and gets a touch of sweetness from the pears and Wild Orange Essential Oil.
(RECIPE ADAPTED FROM DOTERRA.)
- 2 raw medium beets (any colour), trimmed, scrubbed, and quartered
- 1/4 red cabbage, quartered
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1/4 white cabbage, quartered
- 2 pears, stems removed and quartered
- 1 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh curly parsley or mint, chopped
- 1 whole purple cabbage (for serving)
- 1 tablespoon blended white beans
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons water or aquafaba
- 6 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- Worcestershire sauce
- hot chili sauce
- In the order listed below, use a food processor with a coarse grater attachment or a large hand grater to grate the following items: beets, red cabbage, carrots, white cabbage, and pears. Place in a large bowl or on a large platter.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to grated ingredients and toss to combine.
- Top with chopped walnuts and herbs.
- Place individual servings on a large leaf of purple cabbage if desired.
To purchase essential oil for this recipe, click the button below.