THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
When you are having one of those days and are in a bit of a funk that you can't seem to shake, it's nice to a have a few ideas handy to turn things around. Try these simple ideas to quickly shift to a better mood.
- Exercise - go for a walk, hit the gym, do yoga, go for a bike ride, etc.
- Find a quiet place to spend a few minutes (or longer) alone.
- Spend some time outside.
- Listen to music that you love.
- Smile at your co-workers or someone you pass on the street.
- Send a quick text to a friend just to say "hi".
- Complete a small task on your "to-do list" then cross it off.
- Make a list of ten things you are grateful for.
- Take 5 minutes to organize your desk, a drawer, or other small space.
- Complete a household chore.
- Give yourself a massage.
- Add a vase of fresh flowers to your space.
- Color, do a puzzle, or find another activity to focus on.
- Focus on the present instead of the past or the future.
- Snuggle with another person, a pet, or under a cozy blanket.
- Diffuse or apply topically uplifting and energizing essential oils. (See below for suggested oils to address particular moods.)
Essential Oils for Mood Support
- Cedarwood: Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body.
- Geranium: Diffuse to calm nerves.
- Serenity Restful Blend: Diffuse to help promote relaxation and peace.
- Arborvitae: Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and tension.
- Patchouli: Rub on temples or apply to the bottoms of feet to calm emotions.
- Ylang Ylang: Put a few drops into Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
- AromaTouch Massage Blend: Add to bath or use with a carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil for massage.
- Frankincense: Apply to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
- Roman Chamomile: Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas to soothe the body and mind.
- Vetiver: Diffuse aromatically or use topically with other calming essential oils, such as Lavender, Serenity Restful Blend, or Balance Grounding Blend, to better help calm stress.
- Rosemary: Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to help reduce tension, stress, and fatigue.
- Lavender: Add to bath water to soak away stress.
- Balance Grounding Blend: Apply to wrists or neck to help calm nerves.
- InTune Focus Blend: Apply to temples and back of neck to enhance concentration when feeling tired mid-afternoon.
Order any of these essential oils to suport a positive mood by clicking the button below.