CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Since Easter generally corresponds with the beginning of spring in my part of the world, it is the perfect time to showcase plant based recipes. Fresh veggies and herbs are where it's at! We've rounded up a few ideas for you to add to your plant based Easter menu. These are so yummy! I'm not sure I can wait.
A frittata makes a great centerpiece of any Easter menu. A couple of alterations from a traditional recipe make it vegan friendly.
The Incredible Vegan Frittata from An Ode to Mung Beans is my favorite. It is amazing! Add a bit of Basil Essential Oil in addition to or instead of fresh basil. Remember that essential oils have a strong flavor so start with dipping a toothpick into the essential oil bottle then swirling it into your recipe.
Doesn't Rosemary Lemon Hummus sound like a delicious way to start off your Easter meal? Super easy and packed with nutrition. Serve with carrot sticks, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and pita chips.
Rosemary Lemon Hummus
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
The vegetable I equate most with spring time recipes is asparagus. Make this yummy recipe with or without the Brussels sprouts. Just up the quantity of asparagus to compensate if you leave out the sprouts.
Sauteed Asparagus & Brussels Sprouts
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 12 ounces Brussels Sprouts
- Seasoned salt
- 2–3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 3–4 cups water
- Bring water to boil.
- Halve Brussels sprouts and add to water. Boil for four to five minutes.
- While sprouts are cooking, heat up skillet.
- Drain sprouts.
- Add sprouts, sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Saute sprouts for about three minutes, then add Lemon Essential Oil.
- Add asparagus and toss. Cover skillet and let cook, tossing a few times to coat asparagus.
- Cook until desired tenderness.
Tips: For tender and grit free asparagus, rinse spears under cool water and rub with fingers before using. Snap off about an inch of the bottom of the spear to remove the woody part of the stalk.
Since one side dish is certainly not enough for an Easter feast, here are a few more options you might want to include. Suggested essential oils to use in each recipe are included in parenthesis.
- Clean Green Bean Casserole, Detoxinista (Thyme, Lemon)
- Vegan Potato Flat Bread, Lazy Cat Kitchen (Rosemary)
- Spring Greens Salad with Endives & Oranges, VegKitchen (Wild Orange)
- Asparagus & Lima Bean Pasta Salad, Green Evi (Lemon, Basil)
You can't go wrong with carrot cake for Easter. Even the Easter Bunny would approve! Try Vegan Carrot Cake Loaf from Ceara's Kitchen. The "cream cheese" icing is made with soaked and ground cashews. Love it! You can incorporate Lemon Essential Oil into the icing and Wild Orange, Cinnamon Bark, and/or Ginger into the cake if desired.
What plant based recipes are you serving on Easter?