THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
It's the time of year when it seems like everyone is coming down with something. Add On Guard Protective Blend to these yummy pancakes for a flavor boost and an immunity boost.* It adds delicious notes of citrus and cinnamon to the pancakes.
Whip these up on Valentine's Day to show some love for yourself and the special people in your life. Top with sliced strawberries for a festive touch.
On Guard Pancakes
(Recipe adapted from doTERRA.)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup plain plant-based yogurt (almond, soy, etc.)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–4 drops of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1-3 tablespoons brown sugar (if desired)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pure maple syrup
- banana slices
- chopped walnuts
- Stir together ground flax and hot water. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in yogurt, flax mixture, milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and On Guard.
- In large mixing bowl add oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Spray griddle with non-stick spray. Ladle or scoop batter onto griddle. Cook on medium to high heat. When bubbles appear, flip.
- Top with maple syrup, sliced bananas, and chopped walnuts.
To purchase essential oils for this recipe, click the button below.