THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Although there are those people that seem to have an unlimited supply of energy, most of us feel tired and worn out sometimes. When it's happening on a regular basis and not just at bedtime, it's probably time to make a few changes. There are natural and simple things you can do to gain and sustain a higher energy level. Try incorporating some of these strategies into your wellness plan then see if you are feeling more up to tackling and enjoying your life.
- Get up and move at least every 90 minutes. If you are sitting at a desk most of the day, make sure to get up and walk around several times a day. You could even do a micro interval workout - alternate 30 second sets of jumping jacks and squats for two minutes.
- Optimize your wake up routine. Wake up to natural light whenever possible. Also, instead of hitting the snooze button, set your alarm for 15 minutes later and try to get up immediately when it goes off. Keep a bottle of an energizing essential oil like Peppermint or Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend on your nightstand for an extra boost to get you going.*
- Eat a quality breakfast. Coffee and a bagel or a bowl of cereal isn't going to keep you going for very long. Incorporate protein, unrefined carbohydrates, and healthy fats into your morning meal. Think whole grain toast with natural peanut butter or oatmeal with nuts. How about a breakfast burrito with eggs, avocado, and salsa in a whole wheat tortilla? Yum!
- Get your magnesium. Our bodies need magnesium for energy production. Incorporate magnesium-rich foods like spinach, pumpkin seeds, and almonds into your diet on a daily basis. You can also take a magnesium supplement. Microplex VMz Food Nutrient Complex will help you add magnesium and lots of other nutrients into your diet.*
- Drink lots of water. You knew this one was coming, right? We all know staying hydrated is important. Try to get in the habit of keeping a water bottle nearby at all times. And, as a bonus, if you are hydrated, you are less likely to feel hungry and snack on less than ideal foods that are high in refined carbohydrates. Add a couple of drops of Lemon Essential Oil to your water for an extra energy boost.* (Read Essential Oil Enhanced Water for more water add in ideas.)
- Avoid sugar. Sugar might give you a quick buzz, but it will wear off and leave you feeling more drained than before. And, there are plenty of other reasons to avoid sugary foods. They increase the risk of many health complications including obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, and heart disease. Stick with whole foods that contain fiber, protein, unrefined carbohydrates, and good fats.
- Reduce stress. This is a big one for me. When I am feeling overwhelmed and anxious, my energy level tanks. A super quick way to take the edge off and get back in action is essential oil aromatherapy. Diffuse or inhale calming oils like Frankincense, Vetiver, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Balance Grounding Blend, or Peace Reassuring Blend.
- Interact with other people. Being social has been shown to correlate to increased physical and emotional wellness. This doesn't mean you need to go out partying every night. Just maintain some social relationships with friends and family. Or, you might try joining a group of people with interests similar to your own to make some new social connections. If you experience social anxiety, try inhaling Motivate Encouraging Blend for increased feelings of confidence and courage.
- Get a check up. If you have tried everything you can think of and you are still deal with chronically low energy, make an appointment with your doctor to get a check up. Specific vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems, and even food allergies can all contribute to low energy and can be hard or impossible to pinpoint and correct on your own.
Click the button below purchase essential oils to help boost your energy.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.