THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Looking for some natural ways to keep your throat feeling great? We’ve got some tried and true tips.
Natural Throat Care Ideas
- Use a warming wrap to comfort your throat. Our DIY Warming Wraps are perfect. You can also use a heating pad or a simple hot towel.
- Gently massage your neck with doTERRA's Deep Blue Rub. It is a topical cream infused with Deep Blue Soothing Blend and natural plant extracts. It provides a cooling and soothing sensation.
- Gargle with a salt water rinse. This was the go to option (minus the On Guard) when I needed throat support as a kid. Just mix together lukewarm water and a pinch of natural salt, then add 2 drops of On Guard Protective Blend.
- Make a batch of our DIY Throat Drops. They are so handy to have on hand. Great for soothing! (Recipe below.)
- Use our Essential Oil Throat Spray to soothe and cleanse your throat. It is a quick and convenient option when sucking on a drop or gargling with a rinse aren't feasible. (Recipe below.)
If DIY isn't your thing or if you'd like a convenient back up, check out doTERRA's On Guard Protecting Throat Drops. They are a ready made, all natural product that can help calm and soothe dry, scratchy throats and strengthen the body’s defenses.
Natural Throat Care Recipes
DIY Throat Drops
- Make a strong herbal tea mixture (double the usual amount of tea but do not increase the water.)
- Add the agave or honey to the tea and heat over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. DO NOT STIR.
- Use a candy thermometer and once the mixture reaches 300 degrees fahrenheit, remove from heat.
- Mix in essential oils and immediately pour into candy molds. (You can make your own molds by adding a 1/2 inch layer of corn starch to a pan and using a teaspoon to make indents in the starch.)
- Once cool, remove the drops, dust with Stevia (if desired) and store in a sealed container.
Essential Oil Throat Spray
- 8 drops On Guard Protective Blend
- 4 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Myrrh
- 2 drops Frankincense
- 1 drop Clove
- 1 drop Sandalwood (Hawaiian or Indian)
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark
- 1 drop Oregano or Thyme
- Liquid Stevia (Optional)
- Add essential oils to an 4 oz. glass spray bottle.
- Fill remainder of bottle with distilled water.
- Aadd a drop of liquid stevia, if desired.
- Shake before spraying your throat.
Share your natural throat care ideas with us in a comment. We love to hear what works for you!