THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
January is prime time for setting goals and making resolutions. Many of those goals and resolutions are aimed at getting to a healthy weight. If your goal is to "lose weight", you are most likely in for some disapointment. Often people embark on a journey of deprivation in order to lose weight. Or, undertake a fad diet that just isn't sustainable. After some initial success, many regain the weight they lost and then add a bit more. It is better to focus on lifestyle changes that can be implemented and maintained. Commit to and focus on the ultimate goal of health and wellness. There are steps you can take to acheive real and lasting success. The following articles and video will help you reach your weight goals as well as goals in other areas of your life.
We can't address reaching and maintaining a healthy weight without talking about food. If you are trying to lose weight by severely restricting the amount of food you eat, you may be setting yourself up for failure. It is better to focus on the quality of food you are eating and not the quanity. As much as possible, stick with plant-based, whole foods - vegetables, fruits, grains, beans, etc. Eat plant-based fats such as nuts and oils sparingly. A key to feeling full while losing weight is to learn about food density. Here is a great introduction to get you started.
Below are a few more resources to help you incorporate more plant-based eating into your diet. Always focus on progress over perfection.
There are many paths to fitness. The exercise you choose doesn't matter as much as your ability to maintain it for the long term. You need to make sure you enjoy doing whatever it is you choose and that you can fit into your life without too much difficulity. And, don't be afraind to mix it up and keeps things fresh. I also like to focus on simply finding ways to move more every day. Even if you don't make it to the gym or get in a 60 miute walk or bike ride, you can choose the stairs over the elevator, park far away from store entrances, spend 20 minutes cleaning, play with your kids, etc. The resources below will help you get moving.
- Fitting in Fitness - 10 Simple Ways To Add Physical Activity To Your Day
- Enjoy a No Exercise Summer
- At Home Workouts - Free Ways to Get Fit
- Laughter is the Best Exercise Buddy
- Spring Back Into Fitness Safely
- Simple Fall Fitness Ideas
- Boost Your Workout with Essential Oils
- Essential Oils for Post Workout Recovery
Essential Oil Support Protocol
Essential oils aren't just for aromatherapy when it comes to supporting your weight managment goals. Many oils have specific properties that can help support a healthy metabolism when taken internally.* Implement the following protocol to help you acheive your goals.
- Upon Waking: Place1-2 drops of Yarrow|Pom Active Botanical Nutritive Duo under the tongue or in a veggie capsule. If you are new to using Yarrow|Pom start with 1 drop.
- Breakfast: Take the Lifelong Vitality Supplements (2 from each bottle: Microplex VMz, xEO Mega, Alpha CRS+) with your first meal and 2-3 drops Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend (softgels or add to your own veggie capsule).
- Dinner: Take the Lifelong Vitality Supplements (2 from each bottle) and 2-3 drops Slim & Sassy (softgels or add to your own veggie capsule) prior to eating.
- Bedtime: 1-2 drops Yarrow|Pom under the tongue, in a veggie capsule, or in tea.
- Lifelong Vitality Supplements (2 from each bottle: Microplex VMz, xEO Mega, Alpha CRS+): Take 2 from each bottle with morning and evening meals.
- Yarrow|Pom Active Botanical Nutritive Duo: Consume 1-2 drops morning and night to support healthy metabolism.
- Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend: Take 2-3 drops in an empty veggie capsule (or use pre-made Slim & Sassy Softgels) prior to meals and in 8oz of water 5 times a day to help control appetite.
- Slim & Sassy Metabolic Gum: Chew as needed throughout the day to manage hunger and control cravings.