THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Any recipe that starts off with the word "lazy" is perfect for summer in my book! This is definitely a non-traditional sushi dish, but since the defining ingredient in sushi is rice, it hits the mark. If you are looking for a light summer meal or snack that is quick, easy, vegan, packed with nutrition, and delicious, then this is for you! The addition of Ginger Essential Oil provides digestive and energetic benefits as well.*
Lazy Avocado Sushi
(Photo and recipe by doTERRA.)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 toothpick of Ginger Essential Oil
- Sesame seeds
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce and rice vinegar. Dip a toothpick into the orifice of the Ginger Essential Oil.
- Dip toothpick into sauce mixture and swirl to combine.
- Mix rice with sauce. Top avocado with rice. Drizzle more sauce on top if desired, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Scoop out with a spoon and enjoy your lazy sushi bite by bite!
- Essential Oils: Lemongrass, Lime, or Wild Orange
- Toppings: sushi grade raw salmon, tuna or yellowtail; cooked shrimp; fresh pineapple, diced; fresh mango, diced; coconut shavings; lemon sliced thinly; lime, sliced thinly; fish sauce; peanuts, chopped