THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
One of the best things you can do for your wellness is to drink lots of water. (Read "Benefits of Adequate Water Intake" to find out more.) Plain water on it's own is amazing for your body. You can increase its benefit by adding essential oils. Below is a list of doTERRA's oils that you can add to water and take internally. They enhance your water by adding flavor and increasing the benefits to your body. Add 1 drop of essential oil for every 4oz of water. I'll be honest, some of these are going to taste better than others. I'll just list the potential benefits and then you can decide if adding each particular oil to water is for you. If you think the flavor might not work for you but still want the benefits, add a couple of drops to a veggie capsule instead. Save the yummy oils for your water. My favorite is still good old Lemon, but On Guard Protective Blend is a close second.
- Basil: Supports cardiovascular and nervous system health when consumed internally.*
- Bergamot: Adds a yummy citrus flavor to your water. The aroma calms and soothes as you drink it in.* Try adding some raspberries to the water to infuse with even more flavor.
- Black Pepper: Provides antioxidant support and supports the cardiovascular system.*
- Cardamom: Supports overall gastrointestinal health.* Infuse Cardamom water with carrots and add a drop of Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Cassia: Promotes healthy gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, immune, and metabolic systems.* Adds a cinnamon like flavor to the water.
- Cilantro: Supports healthy digestion and immune system function.*
- Cinnamon Bark: Promotes healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system, especially when seasonal threats are high.* When adding Cinnamon Bark, infuse water with apples, oranges, pomegranate seeds.
- Clove: Supports cardiovascular health.* Add apples, oranges, ginger, or cinnamon to infuse the water extra flavor and benefits.
- Copaiba: Supports the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and respiratory system.*
- Coriander: Promotes healthy digestion.*
- Fennel: Supports healthy respiratory function and digestion.* Helps fight sugar cravings.*
- Frankincense: Supports healthy cellular function, immunity, nervous system, and digestive function.*
- Ginger: Helps to support healthy digestion, reduces bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion, and reduces occasional nausea.* Add to water infused with apples, lemons, oranges, blueberries, or mangoes.
- Grapefruit: Supports healthy metabolism and may make it easier to reach weight management goals.*
- Helichrysum: May support healthy metabolism.*
- Juniper Berry: Acts as a natural cleanser for kidneys and urinary tract.*
- Lavender: Reduces anxious feelings.*
- Lemon: Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.* Add strawberries or blackberries to the Lemon enhanced water.
- Lemongrass: Promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems when ingested.*
- Lime: Tastes yummy, supports immunity, and provides internal cleansing benefits.* Infuse Lime water with raspberries.
- Marjoram: Has a positive effect on the nervous system, supports a healthy immune system, and may promote a healthy cardiovascular system.*
- Melaleuca: Promotes healthy immune function and protects against environmental and seasonal threats.*
- Melissa: Sweet, citrusy aroma. May help support a healthy immune system.*
- Myrrh: Cleansing properties for mouth and throat.* Add a bit of agave to Myrrh water to help soothe an uncomfortable stomach.
- Oregano: Supports a healthy immune system, healthy digestion, and respiratory function.* Provides powerful antioxidants.*
- Peppermint: Promotes healthy digestive and respiratory systems.* Infuse Peppermint water with lemons, strawberries, or raspberries.
- Petitgrain: Citrusy flavor and aroma. Help ease feelings of tension and calms the nervous system.* Supports the cardiovascular, immune, and digestive systems.*
- Roman Chamomile: Soothes the body and mind. May help support healthy immune system function.*
- Rosemary: Supports healthy digestive and respiratory systems.* Can help reduce nervous tensions and fatigue.* Infuse Rosemary water with orange slices or add a drop of Wild Orange.
- Spearmint: Promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset.* Infuse Spearmint water with cucumbers.
- Tangerine: Supports healthy digestion, metabolism, and a healthy immune system.* Add berries to Tangerine water.
- Thyme: Provides antioxidants and supports healthy immune system.*
- Vetiver: Supports a healthy immune system.*
- Wild Orange: Yummy flavor and a boost to overall health.* Supports healthy immune system function.* Infuse Wild Orange water with rosemary, strawberries, or mangoes.
- Ylang Ylang: Provides antioxidant support.* Add citrus essential oils or sliced citrus fruits to Ylang Ylang water.
Essential Oil Blends
- DigestZen Digestive Blend: Soothes occasional stomach upset and helps maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
- On Guard Protective Blend: Spicy, citrusy flavor. Supports healthy immune and respiratory function.* Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses and promotes healthy circulation.*
- Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend: Promotes a healthy metabolism and helps manage hunger to help you reach weight management goals.*
- Zendocrine Detoxification Blend: Supports the body’s natural ability to rid itself of unwanted substances.* Detoxifies and supports healthy liver and kidney function.*
What are your favorite oils to add to water?
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.