THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
I thought I'd write a little tutorial on how to get the most out of our stash of free design files. You can use them for personal use and for any oil classes you teach - there are a lot of different files and many more to come. I like this DIY option because you can easily and inexpensively switch around the look of your materials.
You download the file ONCE and can reprint and share as many times as you'd like. With a home printer and some good paper, you can make a great product for very little money!
Here's what you need for home printing:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF file reader (many options free online).
- Printer & Ink
- Different papers depending on what you are printing: inkjet sticker paper, card stock, brochure paper, glossy photo paper, etc.
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Paper Punches (optional)
Let's say you want to make some Autumn Room Sprays to give as gifts or if you are teaching a class on essential oils, this would make a fun take-away gift for your attendees. Head over to the FREEBIE section of the website and under Holidays & Seasons you'll find the autumn room spray design.
Add it to your cart and check out. It's FREE so you won't be billed anything. You will get an email with a link to download the .pdf file. Save this file to your desktop on your computer. Then open Acrobat Reader and open the file. Many of the files contain multiple pages and coordinating designs. For example, the Autumn Room Spray file contains circle label designs, some gift tags designs, and a sheet with the recipes.
Select which page in the file you'd like to print and add the appropriate paper to your printer. If I was printing the label sheet, I'd load in some waterproof ink-jet label paper. This will give you a professional look to your labels. If I was printing the gift tags, I'd load some card stock into my printer. For the recipe sheets, I'd just use regular text weight printer paper. Super easy.
I purchase a stash of label paper in a generic size and use it for many projects. Sometimes I'll link to a particular label size. But, its easiest (and most cost effective) to buy a set of full sheet label paper and trim out your stickers and labels. You can find a set of 100 HERE and a set of 10 HERE.
Once its printed, just trim as desired and apply to your project. You can just use scissors to trim out the designs but for a neater look, you can find inexpensive circle punches and paper trimmers to make a nice clean uniform edge. You can find some paper punches and trimmers HERE.
If I was working on my room spray gifts, I'd make the sprays up first then apply the labels, then tie it up with the gift tag. Super cute way to share essential oils!
Just to recap here are the steps:
- Add the design to your cart and check out (It's free).
- Open your email and download the file from the link. Save to your computer.
- Open the file in Acrobat Reader.
- Select which page you'll be printing from the document.
- Add the appropriate paper to your printer (sticker paper, card stock, or copy paper, etc).
- Print (don't scale to fit the paper- print at 100%)
- Trim out the designs using scissors, circle punches, or a paper trimmer.
- Apply to your product.
- Use the extras included in the file to make gift cards, wrapping paper, or other packaging materials.
- Use for yourself or give as gifts or class giveaways, make and takes, etc.
There are several designs for household products, body care products, things to help organize your oils better, some holiday gift ideas, and some class and event kits to print. More to come! Have a suggestion of something you'd like to see as a freebie? Let us know!
Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to be notified when new freebies are added to the design files. We hope these files inspire you to get creating something fun with your oils and use them in unique ways.