THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Making your own hairspray is easy with essential oils and only takes a few simple ingredients you already have at home. It can easily be customizable to your favorite essential oils and to your preferred hold.
(Recipe and Image from dōTERRA)
- 1 cup Water
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
- In saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring heat to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour essential oil into 8-ounce fine mist glass spray bottle and add cooled sugar water.
- Use as you would any other hairspray.
Tip: Use more or less sugar depending on how strong you want the hold to be.
Note: Feel free to customize the essential oils to your preference. You can use one or all of the essential oils listed above. However, be careful using citrus oils as they can lighten your hair if exposed to UV light.