Somedays just call for a little indulgence. These healthy brownies are so good. Would you believe there are black beans in them? Don't get scared, you can't taste them but them but they up the nutrition and are a key ingredient. Give them a try and see what you think!
Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup sweetener (maple syrup, date sugar, coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao
- 1/2 cup instant oats or oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- 2 drops doTERRA peppermint essential oil (you can swap for another flavor too- try wild orange or lavender)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of an 8" x 6" pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the oats/oat flour & chocolate chips in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. These will firm up as they cool.