THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Kids often come home from school ready to inhale whatever is in sight. Having healthy and kid friendly snacks ready will go a long way to getting something nutritious in them. Around here we serve up plant-based options that will give them a good start for whatever the afternoon and evening hold - homework, after-school job, practice, rehearsal, playtime, or anything else.
Here are a few ideas to get your healthy after-school routine off to a great start this year.
- Frozen Grapes
- Sliced Apples & Nut Butter
- Kale Chips with Lemon Essential Oil
- Hummus & Veggies
- Fruit Kabobs
- Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Avocado Toast
- Dehydrated Fruit
- Lazy Avocado Sushi
- Lettuce Wraps
- Nut Butter & Fresh Fruit Toast (Try bananas or strawberries. Or, both!)
- Apple Nachos
- Popcorn (Check out our Essential Oil Popcorn recipes.)
- Trail Mix
- Wraps (Veggie & Hummus or Nut Butter & Jam)
- Peanut Butter Snack Balls (Try this recipe from One Green Planet.)
- "Ants On A Log" (Celery sticks filled with nut butter and topped with dried fruit.)
- Corn Chips & Bean Dip, Salsa, or Guacamole
Leave a comment and tell us what after school snacks are a healthy hit at your house.