THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The holidays can wreak havoc on your wellness goals. It seems like sweet treats are everywhere you look. If you have committed to low sugar, plant-based eating, fruit can save you when you are tempted to eat something high in sugar. You can just grab an apple or pear and enjoy its natural goodness. You can also transform fruit into something special. These apple chips can satisfy several cravings. Holiday aroma and flavor - check. Crunchy - check. Sweet - check. And, bonus, there is a festive holiday star in the middle!
Cinnamon Apple Chips
(Photo and Recipe by doTERRA)
- 7 – 8 Medium Sized Apples
- 1 tablespoon Sugar or Sweetener of Choice (Optional)
- 6 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Put parchment paper onto two baking sheets.
- Combine sugar and Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil in small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slice apples into thin slices.
- Place apples onto parchment paper covered baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon essential oil sugar mixture.
- Place baking sheets in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Halfway through, flip apples over.
- When edges of apples are curled, take out of oven and place on wire rack until cooled and crispy.