THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
- Leafy Greens
- Vinegar (serveral varieties)
- Citrus Fruits
- Essential Oils
- Do as much of of the chopping and rinsing as you can at the beginning of the week.
- Once a month, cook your grains in large batches then freeze in smaller portions. Thaw the amount you need on a weekly basis.
- Use essential oils to bump up the flavor in your salad dressings. The citrus (Lemon, Wild Orange, Lime, etc.) and herb (Basil, Cilantro, Thyme, etc.) oils are delicious in salad dressings.
- If using canned beans, open the cans, rinse the beans, then store in the refrigerator for easy access.
- Prepare a good variety of toppings so you don't end up eating the exact same salad with every meal. Mixing it up will keep your taste buds from getting bored.
- Place your containers on a tray or baking sheet before putting them in the refrigerator. It is much quicker to take out one tray than several small containers.
- Avoid salad dressings that contain vegetable oil.
- If time is short, purchase pre-washed and chopped vegetables from your grocer's produce department. Great short cut!
It's always fun to just get creative with your salad ingredients, but it's also nice to have a few recipes to get you going or for those weeks when you just need it already figured out for you. These recipes look amazing!
- Chopped Kale Power Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing, She Likes Food
- Vegan Quinoa Tabbouleh, Simple Vegan Blog
- Raw Veggie Chopped Salad, Vegan Inspired
- Cranberry Cilantro Quinoa Salad, Peas & Crayons
- Lentil Salad with Spinach and Pomegranate, Vegan Heaven
- Pesto Tomato Chickpea Salad, Vegan Yack Attack
- 6 Plant Based Oil Free Salad Dressing Recipes, Skinny Ms.
And, if you thought eating a plant-based diet meant you could never again have creamy salad dressings, think again...
Plant-based Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 c hemp seeds
- 1 can white beans
- 1 drop Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 t dried dill
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 4-6 T water
- Salt to taste
Blend hemp seeds, white beans, essential oil, dill, and garlic in a food processor. Slowly add water until desired consistency is reached. Salt to taste.
Is your mouth watering yet? Start your 7 day Salad Challenge today!
Need essential oils for these or any other recipes? Click the button below to make your purchases.