THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Most days I have the best of intentions when it comes to getting in a workout at home, at the gym, or on a brisk, long walk. However, more frequently than I'd like to admit, life happens and my good intentions are thwarted. Maybe the one hour block of time I set aside gets cut down to 20 or even 10 minutes before I have to hop in the shower and get to work, an appointment, or a volunteer commitment at a child's school.
Whatever the reason, there seems to be an endless supply of days when life doesn't go as planned and my fitness goals stay on my to-do list. One way I've tried to overcome this obstacle is to change the way I look at working out. I tend to think of it as 45 minutes to an hour of sustained physical activity. That's just not going to happen some days.
Fortunately, evidence suggests that even very short duration workouts can be effective. It may be impossible to fit in an hour workout every day, but I bet that even on the busiest days you could sneak in a couple of 5 minute workouts. The trick is to have those quick workouts lined up and ready to go when you need them.
5-15 Minute Workouts
- 5 Minute Fat Blasting Bodyweight Workout
- 5 Minute Engery Boosting Workout
- 5 Minute Abs
- 5 Minute Thigh Sculpting Pilates Workout
- 7 Minute Fast & Effective Bodyweight Upper Body Workout
- 7 Minute Mom & Baby Workout
- 7 Minute Arm, Chest, & Back Workout
- 7 Minute Low Impact HIIT Workout
- 10 Minute Low Impact Cardio Workout for Beginners
- 10 Minute Lower Body Workout
- 10 Minute No Squat Booty Workout
- 10 Minute Tabata Workout to Tone Everything
- 12 Minute Total Body Workout
- 12 Minute Full Body Stretch
- 12 Minute Quiet Cardio Routine (Apartment and Sleeping Baby Friendly)
- 12 Minute Yoga for Beginners
- 15 Minute Beginner Workout
- 15 Minute Arm Fat Blaster
- 15 Minute At Home Cardio
- 15 Minute Crossfit Workout
Free Online Workouts
- Do some basic exercises whenever you have a few extra minutes to spare. Squats, lunges, push ups, sit ups, mountain climbers, and burpees are quick and effective.
- Hold a plank position for one minute several times a day. (It's ok if you need to work up to a full minute.)
- Make sure to take advantage of all opportunities to walk and climb stairs during the day. If you have stairs in your home, set a timer for 5 minutes then go up and down as many times as you can before the alarm rings.
- If you are watching TV or videos that have ads, do jumping jacks while the ads are playing. This works with podcasts too.
- Don't waste opportunities to get exercise in while you are performing daily tasks. Do calf raises or balance on one foot while you are brushing your teeth. Do lunges while vacuuming. You can find tons of ideas like these at Nano Workouts.
- Use essential oils to help get you in the right frame of mind for a quick workout. Peppermint, Breathe Respiratory Blend, Motivate Encouraging Blend, and Cheer Uplifting Blend all are great options.
- Keep some Deep Blue Rub or Deep Blue Soothing Blend near by. Just because a workout is fast doesn't mean you won't feel it afterwards.
Click the button below to pick up the essential oils mentioned above.