It is officially warm, verging on hot, where I live. While I don't live in a tropical or subtropical environment, the heat of late spring and summer always makes me think of citrus - juicy orange wedges, lime marinades, icy-cold lemonade. While oranges, lemons, and limes are probably the most common citrus fruits, grapefruit is also a versatile member of the family. Grapefruit Essential Oil is no different. Derived from the rind of the fruit, it supports a healthy metabolism, clear skin, a sense of vitality, and much more. Learn all about this beneficial oil here.
Of course it also makes a great addition to many recipes. Aren't these Pitaya Smoothie Bowls gorgeous? They super easy to make too! (Note: Pitaya is commonly known as Dragon Fruit and is a wonderful addition to a healthy diet.)
Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 of a fresh mango, sliced into chunks
- 1 1/2 fresh kiwis, sliced into chunks
- 1 packet of frozen pitaya (Pitaya can be found in packets in the frozen section of many grocery stores)
- 2 cups frozen fruit (we used strawberries, mango, and pineapple)
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1-2 frozen banana(s), sliced
- 4-6 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Chia seeds, to taste
- Coconut flakes, to taste
- 1/2 of a fresh mango, diced
- 1/2 of a fresh kiwi, diced
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice to thicken as desired.
- Pour into bowl or glasses and garnish with toppings to add flavor and nutrients.
- Enjoy immediately.
SERVINGS: 1-2, PREP TIME: 10-15 MIN, COOK TIME: 0 MIN, DIFFICULTY: EASY
Recipe by doTERRA. Click here for a printable version.