THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The key ingredient in Wintergreen Essential Oil, methyl salicylate, is found in only one other plant, the birch tree. It is this rare ingredient that that gives Wintergreen its ability to soothe and renew both body and mind. Its aroma is fresh, minty, and sweet.
Note: It is important to remember that Wintergreen is to be used only topically and aromatically. When used topically, it should always be diluted with a carrier oil.
The stories of Wintergreen's co-impact sourcing in Nepal and the the aid doTERRA provided after the earthquake that devastated the area in 2015 are inspiring. Learn about both in this video.
- Massage Wintergreen into hands, back, and legs for a soothing and warming massage after a workout or anytime.
- Wintergreen has a strong scent and can mask unpleasant odors. Put a few drops onto a cotton ball and place it in the affected area.
- Apply to skin to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Diffuse to feel uplifted and stimulated and enjoy the sweet, minty scent.
- Add 1-2 drops of Wintergreen to your bath water to increase the soothing effects.
- Add 1-2 drops to a bottle of shampoo to increase the cleansing and clarifying effects.
Want to experiment with blending Wintergreen and other essential oils? Here are a few to try: