THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Vetiver's unique and appealing scent makes it a common ingredient in many perfumes and colognes. When used topically or aromatically, it can have a grounding effect on emotions making it popular for massages and meditative practices. When taken internally, Vetiver can support a healthy immune system.*
doTERRA's Vetiver Essential Oil is sourced in Haiti. The vetiver plant was actually introduced to the island by French perfume makers. Much of the land where it grows has been affected by erosion and deforestation resulting in poor quality soil. Fortunately, vetiver is is a tenacious plant that grows in difficult environments. One factor that makes it viable, is its dense, extensive root system. While the roots enable it to survive they also make for a very labor intensive harvesting process. Watch the following video to learn more about the harvesting process and how doTERRA has been able to add to the community through Co-Impact Sourcing.
- When experiencing anxious, unnerved, or stressed feelings, use Vetiver aromatically or topically to help provide a calming and grounding effect on emotions.
- For immune system support, add a couple of drops of Vetiver to veggie capsule and swallow.*
- After a difficult day at school, help your child relax by applying Vetiver to their neck and feet.
- Fill the bath tub with warm water and add a couple of drops of Vetiver to the water. This will create a spa like bath experience that is perfect for deep relaxation.
- To boost your immune system prior to traveling, take Vetiver internally*. For best results, combine one to two drops of Vetiver with Lemon in a veggie capsule.*
Vetiver's aroma is sweet, woody, and smoky–emitting a strong, earthy scent. Use the earthy tones of Vetiver as a base diffuser blends. In addition to the pleasant aroma, it will provide aromatic benefits that have a calming, grounding effect on emotions.
- To help promote a restful night’s sleep, rub Vetiver on the bottom of your feet.
- Make our Goodnight Diffuser Blend using 2 drops Lavender, 1 drop Roman Chamomile, and 1 drop Vetiver. Diffuse at bedtime.
- Add 1-2 drops of Vetiver to your tea or hot drinks during the winter months to help fortify your body against seasonal threats.*
- After a long day of standing, apply a few drops of Vetiver to your feet and slowly massage in.
- Apply Vetiver to pulse points before mediating to promote a feeling of peace. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil if necessary to avoid skin sensitivities.
- Vetiver can be a thicker oil. If you having trouble getting it out of the bottle, use a toothpick to get the desired amount. Remember, a little bit goes a long way.