THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Patchouli Essential Oil has a complex aroma with earthy, musky, and sweet notes. It is a perfect addition to floral and woodsy blends. It can also bring balance to a citrus blend. Used aromatically, Patchouli evokes a sense of emotional grounding. I include it several of my diffuser blends and sprays - Fallen Leaves Diffuser Blend, Nature Walk Diffuser Blend, His & Hers Massage Blends, Unicorn Vibes Body Spray and Cologne. It's also beneficial when used topically or internally.
- Add a couple of drops of Patchouli to a veggie cap to support digestion.*
- Add to your daily moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes.
- Apply to dry areas to help reduce the effects of dry skin.
- Diffuse Patchouli alone or with woody aromas for a grounding blend to balance your emotions.
- Diffuse with Lavender for a calming effect.
- Apply one to two drops of Patchouli to your neck or temples for grounding effect.
- After a long day, combine Patchouli with Peppermint and apply this blend to your forehead, temples, or to the back of the neck to relieve tension.
- When your emotions start to overwhelm you, combine Patchouli with Vetiver and apply to the bottoms of your feet. This blend will help bring a sense of calm.
- Consume one drop of Patchouli in 4 oz of water or other liquid. Historically, Patchouli has been used to help reduce appetite, support healthy circulation, and to freshen breath.*
- Dilute Patchouli with fractionated coconut oil and use as a deodorant.
Diffuser Blend Suggestions
Patchouli Essential Oil blends well with the following oils:
DIY Patchouli Mouth Rinse
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 drop Patchouli Essential Oil
- Combine baking soda and water in a small, easy to drink from, container.
- Add essential oils.
- Mix well and swish in mouth for one minute.
Have you tried Patchouli Essential Oil? Leave us a comment and tell us and how you have used it. Get more info and pick up a bottle HERE.