Essential Oil Notebook: Oregano
MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The thought of oregano immediately conjures one image in my mind - a pot of simmering pasta sauce. So yummy! Fortunately, its benefits are not limited by my one track mind. As amazing as it is in Italian and other cuisines, Oregano Essential Oil has other important functions. It is a powerful cleansing agent and supports healthy immune, respiratory, and digestive systems*. It is also chock full of anti-oxidants so when you do use it in recipes you are getting more than just delicious flavor.*
It is important to use caution when using Oregano internally or topically. Because of its potent chemical components a drop or two is plenty when taken internally and you should always dilute with a carrier oil when used topically. In addition to the 15ml bottle of pure Oregano Essential Oil, you can also purchase it in a 10ml pre-diluted Oregano Touch Roller Bottle.
Oregano Usage Ideas:
- Diffuse two to three drops in the diffuser of your choice to help purify the air.
- Oregano blends well with many other oils including Lavender and Melaleuca, but it partners particularly well Peppermint.
- Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory and immune functions.*
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and apply to the skin.
- Apply diluted to distressed toenails.
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.