THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The Melissa plant, a perennial herb, is named for the Greek word for "honeybee" because it's sweet, citrusy fragrance and abundance of nectar attracts bees. Due to it's rarity, Melissa is one of doTERRA's most expensive oils. It has many uses and benefits that make it a valued oil to many essential oil users
- To support a healthy immune system, add 1 drop of Melissa to 4oz of liquid and drink, or place 1-2 drops into a veggie capsule and swallow.*
- When dealing with anxious feelings, apply Melissa topically or add to a diffuser for it's soothing and calming properties.*
- Before a nerve-wracking speech, presentation, or performance, apply 1-2 drops of Melissa to the palms of your hands, cup your hands over your nose, and inhale.
To give your skin a rejuvenated feeling and to refresh your mind, add Melissa to your moisturizer or to a spray bottle with water and spritz your face.
- After a long day, help your mind and body relax and unwind by rubbing Melissa on your forehead, shoulders, or chest. This will help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.*
- Create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep, by diffusing Melissa before going to bed.*
- To support your body’s immune system, place 1-2 drops of Melissa under your tongue or on the roof of the mouth and then swallow.*