Essential Oil Notebook: Lime
One of the key benefits of Lime Essential Oil is "positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties". I don't even have to open the bottle and this works for me. I feel good just hearing the word "lime". Not sure why - maybe the happy green color, the burst of flavor it adds to any dish, or perhaps it's that lime reminds me of a warm tropical beach. But if you don't have the same reaction to just hearing the word, no worries. Remove the cap from a bottle of Lime Essential Oil, take one whiff, and enjoy! Click here to learn more about Lime's benefits and uses.
Check out this Tuesday Tip-Off to learn how to make Lime Raspberry Ice Cubes and add amazing flavor and beauty to a glass of water. Scroll down a little more for a gorgeous summer recipe.
Strawberry Almond Salad with Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2–4 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pound strawberries, cut in thick slices
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup fat free feta cheese (optional)
- In small bowl, mash raspberries.
- Add remaining vinaigrette ingredients and mix using wire whisk until combined.
- Chill vinaigrette for 30 minutes.
- Toss salad ingredients with raspberry vinaigrette.
SERVINGS: 4, PREP TIME: 15 MIN, COOK TIME: 30 MIN, DIFFICULTY: EASY
Photo and recipe by doTERRA. Click here for a printable version.