THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Lemongrass is such a versatile essential oil! It is an excellent addition to many recipes, has digestive benefits, is a great choice for massage, and supports healthy skin and nails. And, it's low price point makes it a no brainer. This is another one of those powerhouse oil that everyone should have on hand.
Once again, I have to share Lemongrass' sourcing story with you. The people in these stories never cease to amaze me. I have such respect for their work ethic and endurance as well as their commitment to family and the sustainability of their natural resources.
- Add a few drops of Lemongrass to your food and drinks to add flavor and support a healthy digestive system.*
- Place a few drops in a veggie capsule as an alternative way to support a healthy digestive system. Try including some Peppermint Essential Oil in the capsule to increase the benefits.*
- Diffuse Lemongrass to overcome feelings of nervousness and mental fatigue and to promote a positive outlook and heighten your awareness.
- Place one drop in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, and inhale softly for up to 30 seconds or longer as desired.
- Diffuse Lemongrass Essential Oil outside to keep away mosquitos and other bugs.
- For a natural insect repellant, rub or spritz Lemongrass diluted with fractionated coconut oil on your skin before you go outside.
- Because Lemongrass is a soothing and purifying oil, it is commonly used for massage. Remember to dilute it with fractionated coconut oil. Apply the diluted oil to muscles and joints for a soothing, tranquil sensation.
- Apply diluted Lemongrass topically where needed after a workout to utilize the soothing and refreshing properties of the oil.
- Add a few drops of Lemongrass essential oil to your daily cleanser or moisturizer to help tone and purify skin.
- Combine Lemongrass with Melaleuca Essential Oil and apply the mixture to your fingernails and toenails to help them look and feel clean.
Want to experiment with blending Lemongrass and other essential oils? Here are a few to try:
Recipe: Coconut Lemongrass Red Lentil Soup
(Photo and recipe by doTERRA.)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1–2 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups dried red lentils
- 4–6 handfuls baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and fresh ginger. Cook until onion is translucent then add carrots and sauté 5–7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder, and red pepper flakes; cook for another 1–2 minutes stirring constantly until all vegetables are coated and flavors combined.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil on medium high heat; reduce to simmer (low heat).
- Add Lemongrass Essential Oil and cook for approx. 30 minutes until lentils are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro