Essential Oil Notebook: Lavender
LAVENDER (LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA)
When you think about essential oils, I bet lavender is one that immediately comes to mind. It's definitely one of the most well-loved & well-known oils, and for good reason. It has many benefits and uses. doTerra lavender essential oil is steam distilled from the flower and has a light floral scent. The main chemical constituents are linalool, and linalyl acetate.
It has calming and relaxing properties and can promote peaceful sleep & ease feelings of tension. It's great for occasional skin irritations. I wouldn't be without this oil.
Emotionally, lavender helps with communication and helps calms insecurities when sharing thoughts. It helps you be your true self.
• Add a few drops to a tissue and place in your pillow case, or on the bottoms of your feet at night.
• Use to soothe occasional skin irritations- great at calming and helping to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
• Make a linen spray and freshen your closet or spray directly in the air.
• Use as directed internally to reduce anxious feelings.
•Add to bath water with epsom salt to soak away stress.
• Use in cooking to counter or soften citrus flavors- lavender lemonade anyone?
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice
Internal Use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.