THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Thanksgiving has come and gone this year and just like that I am in full holiday mode. That, my friends, is all the reason I needed to choose Juniper Berry for this week's Essential Oil Notebook entry. No, it's not necessarily a go-to holiday conifer, but it's look and woody, spicy, scent can still get me feeling that holiday spirit. If that's not enough, Juniper Berry's scent can also produce a calming, grounding effect and who couldn't use that this time of year?
Juniper Berry has so many benefits for both body and mind. Check out this short video for an excellent overview.
- To promote a clear and healthy complexion, apply one drop of Juniper Berry Essential Oil to your skin. It is known for its ability to act as a natural skin toner and to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes.*
- Taken internally, Juniper Berry will help support healthy kidney and urinary tract function.* Dilute 1 drop in 4oz of water or take in a veggie capsule.
Juniper Berry is ideal for diffusing due to its calming and grounding effects and its ability to cleanse the air.
- Create a diffuser blend with 3 drops of Juniper Berry and 4 drops of Bergamot for a light, fresh scent. This blend will enhance positive feelings and create a calming atmosphere.
- Add 1-2 drops of Juniper Berry to a Bentonite Clay mask for a rejuvenating facial.
- Combine Juniper Berry with fractionated coconut oil for a soothing, cleansing massage.
- Experiment with desserts and sauces by adding a very small amount of Juniper Berry to the recipe. Use a toothpick to swirl in just a tiny bit. It can go particularly well with French dessert and sauce recipes.
- Add 1-2 drops of Juniper Berry to water or a citrus drink as a part of your natural cleansing regimen.*
- Pack Juniper Berry Essential Oil when you are going on a trip. It can help ease the tension that is common when traveling.
- When life has you feeling overwhelmed, put 1-2 drops of Juniper Berry into the palm of your hand and lightly rub your hands together. Cup your hands over your nose and inhale to help combat stressful feelings.
- Create your own freshening spray. Simply combine a couple of drops of Juniper Berry with water in a spray bottle and use to cleanse any area that needs it. This spray can be used to freshen a linen closet, mattress, car, or the air.
DIY: Bergamot and Juniper Lotion Bars
(RECIPE AND IMAGE BY DOTERRA.)
These lotion bars will nourish your skin while their scent calms and soothes you. They make an excellent gift or party favor.
- Combine and melt (microwave or double boiler) beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Add essential oils.
- Pour or spoon into mold of choice.
DIFFUSER BLEND SUGGESTIONS