HIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Sandalwood has been used since ancient times for many purposes including religious ritual and meditation. Indian Sandalwood Essential Oil continues to be a popular choice for meditative practice because of its grounding and uplifting aroma. It also promotes healthy, smooth skin when used topically.*
- Applying Indian Sandalwood to the skin will not only promote a smooth complexion, but can also be helpful in reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.*
For an at home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply 1-2 drops of Indian Sandalwood to your face. Place your face above the bowl of steaming water and drape a towel over the back of your head and across the bowl, creating a tent-like shape. This will help your skin feel nourished and rejuvenated.*
- The grounding, balancing aroma of Indian Sandalwood will help settle and balance emotions.* Apply 1-2 drops of Sandalwood essential oil to the palms of your hands. Then, cup your hands around your nose and inhale for up to 30 seconds.
- Use Indian Sandalwood in the garden to help deter insects.
- Apply 1-2 drops to Indian Sandalwood to your wet hair when you get out of the shower. This will help restore moisture to your hair and will give it a silky shine. You can also add it to your shampoo or conditioner.
- To enhance your meditation or yoga practice, use Indian Sandalwood topically or aromatically and encircle yourself with its grounding, uplifting, and mood-enhancing properties.
- After a long day, add a few drops of Indian Sandalwood to a warm bath to relax and reduce the tension of the day.
- Add 1-2 drops of Indian Sandalwood to your favorite moisturizer or night cream before application. This fast, nightly application will leave your skin looking healthy, smooth, and glowing for the next day.*
- Apply 2 drops of Indian Sandalwood to the back of your neck at bedtime or diffuse Indian Sandalwood next to your bed as you are going to sleep to help promote a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep.*