THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Between its sweet, woody, scent and its ability to reduce tension and promote a feeling of well being, Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil is perfect for massages. It is also known for improving the look of skin and hair.
The process of obtaining Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil is long and involves many steps. First, the outer layers of the wood must be stripped to get to the heartwood. The heartwood is then chipped into tiny pieces of wood and poured into a distiller that holds 700 pounds of sandalwood chips. These finely chopped sandalwood pieces undergo a 36-hour steam distillation process. This process requires high pressure and high heat. I think it is so interesting to learn about the unique steps that go into creating each variety of essential oil.
- Apply 1-2 drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to the desired areas of your skin and gently rub in. It promotes healthy-looking skin and helps reduce the appearance of occasional skin imperfections.* If you experience sensitivity, dilute with fractionated coconut oil.
- To enhance your meditation or yoga practice, use Hawaiian Sandalwood oil topically or aromatically and encircle yourself with its grounding, uplifting, and mood-enhancing properties.
- After a long day, add a few drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to a warm bath to relax and reduce the tension of the day.
- Add 1-2 drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to your favorite moisturizer or night cream before application. This fast, nightly application will leave your skin looking healthy, smooth, and glowing for the next day.*
- Add Hawaiian Sandalwood to your shampoo and enjoy the fresh and healthy look it brings to your hair.
- Have a big presentation, wedding, or photoshoot in the near future? Apply Hawaiian Sandalwood to your skin the day before your big event. It will help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and will give you a nice, healthy glow.*
- Diffuse 3-4 drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood never you want to uplift mood and decrease tension.
- For a restful night’s sleep, diffuse 3-4r drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood or apply a couple of drops to the neck and shoulders at bedtime.
- Inhale Hawaiian Sandalwood directly from the palms of your hands to lessen tension and balance emotions.
- For an at home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply 1-2 drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to your face. Place your face above the bowl of steaming water and drape a towel over the back of your head and across the bowl, creating a tent-like shape. This will help your skin feel nourished and rejuvenated.*
- Apply one to two drops to Hawaiian Sandalwood to your wet hair when you get out of the shower. This will help restore moisture to your hair and will give it a silky shine.
- Use Hawaiian Sandalwood in the garden to help deter aphids and weevils.