THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil is distilled from the leaf and stem of Eucalyptus radiata trees which are sometimes referred to as narrow-leaved peppermint because the leaves, when crushed, have a peppermint-like aroma. These trees are evergreen and another variety of Eucalyptus is the tallest known flowering tree. Long before I knew anything about essentials oils, the one thing that I did know about Eucalyptus is that it is a key part of the koala's diet. I'm pretty sure every 2nd grader learns that important piece of trivia.
Eucalyptus is a great oil to keep on hand. It can help promote clear airways and has purifying properties.* It works great as a mouthwash ingredient, can enhance your skin, and makes an effective surface and air cleanser. Its aroma can help clear the mind and provide a sense of calm.
- Add a drop of Eucalyptus to your moisturizer and apply to your skin for revitalizing benefits.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to create a soothing massage and to help clear your mind.
- Diffuse Eucalyptus to promote feelings of clear breathing and open airways.*
While showering, place a few drops of Eucalyptus on your hands, place over your nose, and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear breathing, open airways, and relaxation.*
- Create an all purpose spray with Eucalyptus to keep surfaces clean and fingerprint free. Mix 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wild Orange with 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 3/4 cup water in a 16. oz glass spray bottle. Shake the bottle before use.
- Place 2 drops of Eucalyptus directly onto the shower floor while you are showering. The steam from the water will create a natural diffuser.
- Add Eucalyptus to your diffuser at bedtime. The aroma sill promote feelings of relaxation, preparing you for a better night’s sleep.
- Next time you feel tension, place a few drops of Eucalyptus into your hands, cup your hands over your nose, and inhale deeply for a calming yet energizing boost.
- To help enhance your yoga or meditation experience, incorporate Eucalyptus into your practice. It can help clear your mind.
- Dilute Eucalyptus with fractionated coconut oil and massage onto the lower abdomen daily for soothing support during menstruation.*
- Apply Eucalyptus to the chest and breathe in its invigorating vapor.