THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The aroma of clove is ubiquitous this time of year. It is a key component of that "pumpkin spice" scent that so many can't get enough of. It is also present in the aroma of gingerbread that can evoke so many memories and feelings during the holiday season. A few of our Fall Diffuser Blends include Clove.
But Clove Essential Oil offers so much more than just an amazing aroma. It promotes oral health and fresh breath, supports the cardiovascular system, naturally repels insects, and makes a wonderful addition to many recipes.*
Clove Essential Oil makes the perfect addition to your favorite autumn or holiday recipes. Remember that essential oils are potent and can add too strong of a flavor if you aren't careful. Add Clove by sticking the tip of a toothpick into the oil and stir into your recipe. You can always add more if needed.
- Use Clove and other oils like Cinnamon Bark, Cassia, Vetiver, Wild Orange, Ginger, and Cardamom in a homemade potpourri to enjoy the warm, spicy, and herbal scents of fall.
- Make a sweet treat for your loved ones with this delicious gingerbread cookie recipe from doTERRA. These yummy cookies are gluten-free and vegan.
- Place a single drop of Clove in two ounces of water and gargle for a soothing effect.
- Add a drop of Clove to your toothbrush before adding toothpaste to promote clean teeth and fresh breath.
- To boost that clean feeling after a regular dental check up, apply one drop of Clove to your teeth and gums following your six month cleaning with your dentist.
- Add Clove to fractionated coconut oil for a warming massage.
- Add drop or two of Clove to your hand or body lotion to add a warming effect to your moisturizing routine.
- Diffuse three drops of Clove, two drops of Cinnamon Bark, and one drop of Wild Orange oil for an invigorating aroma.
- Add two or three drops of the oil to a veggie capsule and take internally to support cardiovascular health.*
- Make your own non-toxic weed killer by mixing a full-strength vinegar with 10 drops of Clove Essential Oil in a spray bottle. Mix well before each use.
- Dilute Clove with fractionated coconut oil and apply to your little one's gums to relieve teething discomfort.*
DIFFUSER BLEND SUGGESTIONS
Clove blends well with essential oils that have similar properties like warm, aromatic oils and sweet, herbaceous oils. Experiment with these oils: