Essential Oil Notebook: Cedarwood
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
doTERRA's Cedarwood Essential Oil comes from the red cedar tree. These are tenacious trees that can withstand extreme climates and survive in most types of soil. Some live to around 900 years old. Just think of all the history that has taken place in the last 900 years! Cedarwood is said to be able to improve focus and establish wisdom. Maybe it has something to do with all those years spent observing the world go by.
In addition, Cedarwood is excellent for combating skin blemishes, repelling insects, and promoting feelings of vitality and wellness.* It is also a grounding oil that promotes emotional balance.
- Diffuse Cedarwood at the end of a long day when you want to create a relaxing environment.
- Before exercising, massage one to two drops of Cedarwood onto your chest to maintain vitality throughout your workout.
- Add one or two drops of Cedarwood to your facial toner or moisturizer to boost their clarifying properties.*
- When you notice a fresh skin imperfection, directly apply one drop of Cedarwood to affected area to immediately improve the appearance*.
- Add Cedarwood to the mulch or topsoil in your garden to help keep insects at bay.
- Create a homemade, natural insect repellent spray with fractionated coconut oil and Cedarwood in a glass spray bottle.
- Since Cedarwood promotes relaxation and calm, if your child wakes up scared after a nightmare, apply it of his or her feet to help promote a peaceful, settled feeling.
- When you find yourself distressed by unfamiliar situations, inhale the aroma of Cedarwood to promote calming emotions.
- Place a drop of Cedarwood on a cotton ball and place in closets, storage boxes, or other areas to keep moths at bay. When the aroma fades, replace the old cotton ball with a fresh one to ensure that no bugs will make their home in your furniture or storage areas.
- Diffusing Cedarwood in your home, office, or workspace can help promote feelings of confidence and self-esteem. Blend with Wintergreen to enhance the effects. Add two drops of each to your diffuser.
- For a fun and practical DIY project, make our Essential Oil Protective Drawer Sachets using Cedarwood and Arborvitae.
- Since Cedarwood encourages strength, balance, and focus, it can help us stick to a task when it becomes difficult.