THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Cassia Essential Oil has been valued for centuries for its benefits to both the body and the mind. In fact, it is mentioned three times in the Old Testament. One of those times its aroma is recognized for being able to lift the mood. As a sister spice to cinnamon, Cassia has a familiar scent that is common all year round, but has a special place in the during the fall and winter holidays.
- Blending Cassia with citrus essential oils will produce a spicy and uplifting aroma. For a great diffuser blend, combine three drops of 3 drops of Wild Orange with 2 drops of Cassia. Diffuse to enjoy warm, uplifting feelings.
- To keep your body healthy throughout the year, take one to two drops of Cassia in a veggie capsule for added immune support when needed.*
Relax and unwind from the day with a massage using Cassia. Combine one drop of Cassia with fractionated coconut oil and massage into skin for a warming, soothing sensation. This massage blend is especially beneficial during the winter months due to its warming properties and spicy scent.
Combine one to two drops of Cassia with Lemon in a glass of water for a delicious essential oil infused water that can aid in digestion and keep you hydrated.* This lemon water and Cassia drink is also a perfect way to ward off hunger cravings.* Combined with frequent exercise and healthy eating, this drink can be a tasty option to aid in weight loss.*
If you are looking for a way to help support your cardiovascular system, use Cassia internally. Put one to two drops in a veggie capsule to promote healthy cardiovascular system function.*
The spicy, cinnamon taste of Cassia can be used to spruce up a variety of traditional recipes—especially during the holiday season. Use it in pies, breads, and other entrees or deserts. Because Cassia is a close relative to cinnamon, it can replace cinnamon in many different recipes.
Along with its uplifting aroma, Cassia can also produce feelings of excitement and arousal.
DIY: Festive Fall Sugar Scrub
(Recipe and image by doTERRA.)
This festive sugar scrub will gently exfoliate your skin and has a delicious spicy fall aroma. This scrub is naturally white, but you can add natural, skin-safe, food coloring to create fun fall colors. If you are hosting a party or meal this time of year, this would make a perfect party favor. Change up the colors to use for other holidays like Christmas and Valentine's Day.
- Combine sugar and fractionated coconut oil in bowl.
- Add essential oils.
- Stir until the mixture is the consistency of a slushy. You may need to add more sugar or fractionated coconut oil for desired consistency.
- For separate colors, divide scrub into bowls separate bowls and add color then carefully pour each layer.
Diffuser Blend Suggestions