THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Cardamom. I love that word! I'm not sure why, but maybe because it's just fun to say or maybe because I'm a mom. (It's scientific name is even better.)
Regardless, Cardamom Essential Oil is such a beneficial oil to keep on hand. The aromatic cardamom seed is most commonly thought of as a spice for cooking. In fact, is referred to as the "queen of spices" and can bring an exotic quality to dishes. It also has calming and soothing properties, can ease digestion, promote feelings of clear breathing, and alleviate stomach discomfort.*
Through Co-Impact Sourcing, doTERRA is making efforts to provide stability to the local economy in Guatamala and is trying to ensure that cardamom growers can receive a fair price for their crops. I love to watch these videos. It is so important to understand where the products we use, essential oils and otherwise, come from and who has a hand in producing them. Items do not magically appear on store shelves or web pages. Our purchasing decisions make a real impact!
Cardamom Essential Oil can be used to slow down muscle contractions in the intestines and to ease bowel looseness,* which is why it is commonly taken to aid in digestion.* Take internally when experiencing stomach discomfort by diluting one drop of Cardamom in 4 oz. of liquid.
- Diffuse Cardamom to promote a sense of a clear headedness and for overall soothing and calming.
- To soothe or cool your skin, apply Cardamom diluted with fractionated coconut oil topically.
- Use Cardamom Essential Oil in place of cardamom seeds to enhance the flavor of many recipes. It is a common ingredient in many Indian curries, sweets, and teas. It is also used to flavor coffees, sauces, and pastries. Remember to start with a small amount due to the potency of essential oils.
- Diffuse or apply topically to promote clear airways and breathing and aid in respiratory health.* Cardamom is a key ingredient in Breathe Respiratory Blend.
- Apply to your temples for a quick feeling of mental clarity. Remember to dilute.
- Diffuse Cardamom to create an inviting, warm scent to fill a room. It's a perfect addition to any cozy home—particularly in the fall and winter. It is excellent alone or blended when you are hosting in your home. (Try it in our Pumpkin Patch and Fall Spice Diffuser Blends.)
Diffuser Blend Suggestions
- Wild Orange
- Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend
- Cinnamon Bark
- Sandalwood (Hawaiian, Indian)
- Ylang Ylang