THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
If you are hosting a baby shower or even just attending one in the near future, we have some fun ideas for incorporating essential oils into the event. After all, it's not really a party without them!
Make a Gift Basket
I love to put together gift baskets for special occasions including baby showers. It's so fun to collect items and style them in a basket or some other kind of container. A cute storage bin, diaper bag, or even an infant bathtub are great options for a baby shower gift. Here are a few ideas for items to include:
- Lavender Essential Oil - Every nursery should have Lavender. It has calming properties when used aromatically and can be diffused at bedtime or nap time to promote a relaxing environment.* Dilute with fractionated coconut oil or baby oil and massage onto those sweet, little feet for a soothing effect. Roman Chamomile, Serenity Restful Blend, and Balance Grounding Blend are also good options for calming and soothing.*
- doTERRA Baby Collection - The Baby Collection includes Hair & Body Wash, Lotion, and Diaper Rash Cream. The products are natural, leave babies with a light, clean scent, and contain calming essential oils.
- doTERRA Touch Collection - The oils in the Touch Collection come in 10ml roller bottles and are pre-diluted with fractionated coconut oil so they are ready for sensitive skin. The collection includes Breathe Respiratory Blend, Deep Blue Soothing Blend, DigestZen Digestive Blend, Frankincense, Lavender, Melaleuca, OnGuard Protective Blend, Oregano, Peppermint. This is a good time to remind you that not all essential oils are safe for babies. Although Oregano is included in the kit, it should not be used on infants.
doTERRA Daily Nutrient Pack - A newborn in the house can be exhausting. Mom and dad need to do everything they can to keep the energy level up. The supplements in the Daily Nutrient Pack, xEO Mega and Microplex VMz support the body’s natural functions and help provide the energy necessary to make it through another day.*
- Diapers - Cant get enough of these! Whether the new mom is using disposable or going with cloth, these make a great filler and can be used to prop up other items. If you are including cloth, roll them before adding to the gift basket to provide a little more structure.
Set the Mood
We often think of lighting and music when we are trying to set the mood for an event, but aroma can be just as important or perhaps even so. Humans are very responsive to olfactory stimuli and scents can evoke powerful feelings and memories. Before the shower begins, run a diffuser in the area where it will be held. Keep in mind that pregnant women can be sensitive to smells, so it might be best to stick with light, fresh scents. You could try one of our custom I Heart Oils Diffuser Blends. Fresh Zest, Fresh Forest, or Summer Day all freshen the air and boost the mood. If you want to keep it really light, just diffuse a few drops of Lemon.
Share the Essential Oil Joy
Essential oil DIYs make excellent party favors. They can be as simple as a tiny bottle of Lavender for each guest to take home. If you are diffusing a custom blend, give a bottle of the blend packaged with a few diffuser reeds and instructions for creating a simple reed diffuser at home. Body care products like Lavender & Lemon Whipped Body Butter, Fizzy Bath Bombs, Cuticle Cream, and Lavender Eucalyptus Bath Salts also make wonderful shower favors. Every mom-to-be and her friends and family deserve extra pampering.
Boost the Flavor with Essential Oils
You can add essential oils to the menu as well. I like to keep my party food light, fresh, and plant-based. These open-faced sandwiches fit the bill perfectly.
Avocado Cucumber Open-Faced Sandwiches
- 1 loaf thinly sliced artisan multigrain bread
- 2 avocados
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small package microgreens
- 1 drop Thyme Essential Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice cucumber, pat to dry. Set aside. Lay out bread slices.
- Mash avocados, and mix in Thyme, salt, and pepper
- Spread bread slices avocado mixture. Place cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste
- Add a flourish of microgreens and serve immediately.
Do you have fun ideas for incorporating essential oils into baby showers or other events? We'd love to hear about them in a comment.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
- Oils in the Home: Nursery, doTERRA
- Cucumber Avocado Open-Faced Sandwiches, doTERRA